Thursday, March 31, 2011

coming home

After we left the hospital Friday morning we were met by our best friends Wes and Jasmine! They drove from Hickory to meet Elizabeth and spend the day with us. We made one stop on the way home- Jersey Mikes! I have been craving a good sub and was so excited that we’d be passing one on the way home. Jonathan said we could eat there because “you just pushed my baby out, you can have whatever you want!” We got home at about 1:30, I went in the house first to see our dogs, then Wes and Jasmine joined me and then finally Jonathan brought Elizabeth inside. I read somewhere to have the alpha bring the baby in to present her to the dogs so that they will accept her… not sure if it worked but they have done great with her!

Here’s Dozer getting a sniff in:

Sidenote: Jonathan had visited the dogs the day before and had brought one of her hats so they would know her scent. Dozer has started protecting her, watching her, and checking on her. Diesel just gets concerned when she cries and sometimes goes and hides.


We spent the rest of the day relaxing and spending time with our friends. Thank you both again for coming down! We miss you!

Jasmine and Elizabeth



Jonathan, Wes and Elizabeth

1 comment:

Running 365 said...

I'm glad the puppies decided to accept Elizabeth! :) She looks so cute with her little "mittens."