Monday, March 14, 2011

baby update

I'm now 5 days past due! We had another doctor's appointment this past Friday. Her heart rate is still strong, my blood pressure is still really low, and I've still not dilated! We discussed the pros and cons to being induced and why they won't let me go past this Wednesday. My doctor's office (as most do) will not let you stay pregnant past 41 weeks and 6 days. And the past two doctor's I've seen have both told me all that matters is that she comes out healthy. So the induction is for medical reasons not personal. I've been struggling with this but feel like our birthing class and all the books have prepared us for any scenario. Although this is not the ideal natural birth I've desired Jonathan has reminded me again and again what matters- a healthy baby and mom.

So, if she doesn't come by Tuesday night we are scheduled to be at the hospital early Wednesday morning to start the induction. I'm excited and nervous at the same time! Any way you look at it we're going to be holding our little girl this week! Yay!

Thanks for checking in on us and for your support and prayers through this new chapter in our lives!

Last preggy pic! 40 weeks and 4 days!

1 comment:

leah said...

Brittany you are exactly right... the most important thing through this entire process is for a healthy baby girl and a healthy mom. I know it's not exactly what you planned for, but after all it's never OUR plan! We are just so excited for you guys over here... we are completely smitten with Emery and know you all will be on cloud 9 soon too with your baby girl!! Praying for you tomorrow night and Wednesday!