Tuesday, May 15, 2012

9-12 months Must Haves

Well I tried to post this earlier today and something went wrong... so we'll try again!  Here's our list of must haves for 9-12 months in no particular order...

1. Teething Toys- We have these hands and feet shaped ones by Munchkin.  We keep them in the lower tray of the freezer so they're accessible for her when I open the door.  I highly suggest them, they don't get as stiff or hard as others, there's some flexibility to them, and they thaw pretty quickly.  Also dishwasher safe!


2. Thermometer/Safety Kit- We have this kit by Safety 1st and love it.  We've been able to use it the entire first year; from the nail files, to the thermometer, and the clippers.  And the zippy pouch it comes in is great for traveling!




3. Waterproof Bibs, Plates and lots of spoons- Elizabeth has been funny about her bibs... we have this thicker one that she doesn't like (pulls it off, every time!), but this lighter ones she's okay with... we sometimes use the cloth ones still but they get so dirty!  Plastic plates are a must too.  I love the ones with the separate compartments. 


 4. Snack Carriers & Cups- These snack containers are great for the car or when we're out running errands!  And we love these cups by Tommee Tippee... they have a plastic cover for the mouth piece attached! 
 5. Leather sole shoes- This is one might vary depending on your child.  Elizabeth starting walking at 10 months, so we needed soft soled shoes to help her when we were out of the house.  She had a pair similar to these and they worked great.  We've since moved on to real sandals!  I highly suggest Stride Rite for kids. 


6. Touch Books-  Elizabeth loves to read!  This is one of her favorite books because it's touch and feel and has liftable flaps.  Now she picks up a book, walks to me, backs up and sits in my lap!  I love it. 


7. BumGenius Pocket Diapers and EcoSprout- This is for those that are thinking about cloth diapering.  I started a little late but plan to continue until she's potty trained.  I have two different kinds and I love BumGenius the best (so far).  The pocket diapers are really absorbent, fit great and are perfect for her sensitive skin.  You can't use regular detergent on them (too abrasive, etc.) which we found out the hard way (nasty diaper rash!) so I've switched to EcoSprout and love it!  It's very mild but gets them clean.  They come out looking new again!  If you're interested, check out Sweet Bottoms Baby Boutique. They offer FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the U.S. and they have everything!  Even samples of detergents if you'd like to try them! 



So that's our final list for the first year!  I hope it helps!  

No comments: